DESIGNED FOR RAISING AND SELLING YOUR FARM PRODUCT
Here’s the problem when it comes to starting a farm based business:
You have to be equally good at “raising” livestock and “selling” livestock.
As a successful farmer you NEED both sets of skills (and more) to run a profitable farm. And until now you had to piece a lot of that information together. But the Farm Business Essentials course gives you the best of both worlds. It’s one course created to teach you how to raise, market, and sell livestock.
Do you want to transition into livestock farming on a part-time or full-time basis?
Or are you currently farming, but you are struggling to make the enterprise profitable or generate enough on farm income to farm full time?
Or do you like the idea of raising your family on a farm, but you aren’t quite sure if you could make enough money doing it to support your family?
Or are you currently a homesteader or a hobby producer, and you are looking to produce some side income by small scale farming?
HOW CAN WE HELP?
The Farm Business Essentials course was created to help addresses those concerns, challenges and more.
In this course, we will take an in-depth look at where you are currently at in life and business, where you want to go with your farming future, what you need to put in place to get there, and what are some of the next action steps to turn your ideal farm into reality.
The course will focus on:
- selecting the right farming enterprise
- balancing family with farm business startup
- starting a farm on the side, or on a part-time basis, and then scaling that operation as needed
- find the right sales model for you and your market
- how to market and brand your farming enterprise
- business basics – insurance, taxes, corporate structure, website, social media
The Farm Business Essentials (FBE) online course has been intentionally designed to help you create a complete, profitable, livestock based farm business that works for you.
No matter if you are in the very beginning stages of your farms development, or if you have already begun farming but are looking to take it to the next level, FBE will take you thru this process.
You will have streaming access 24/7 to all 22 modules of the course which walk you through exactly how to plan, start and grow your farming enterprise.
Complete with downloadable resources, we cover it all. Nothing is left out.
The course focuses on what works in the real world, not in theory.
There is a community of farmers going along with you to lend support, answer questions, and give feedback thru a community run forum.
No filler or unnecessary content.
22 MODULES? That's a lot! Why so many?
Let’s face it, starting a business is hard.
And farming is hard.
Doing both is extremely challenging, yet doable.
It will test you financially, emotionally, and mentally.
To help you make it we kept adding modules to the workshop until it felt complete covering EVERYTHING involved in farm business startup
That’s why the FBE contains 22 modules, covering more than 20 hours of subject matter, and is designed take you step by step through the process of planning, starting, marketing, and growing a part time or full time farm enterprise.
From budgeting to startup to sales to balancing the farm with family the course is fully comprehensive and in depth. Literally going from where are you at now to what will your future farming enterprise look like.
It's Never Going To Be Easy...
I transitioned into farming on a part time basis while working full time in an unrelated field.
At that time back in 2007 I was putting in well over 50 hours each week as an engineer and I was spending a couple hours each day in the car commuting back and forth.
But despite those long hours, I started our farm.
On the side…
While raising a young family…
With just $600…
With only 50 broilers…
The important thing was I started.
Not when it was optimum.
Not when it was easy.
Just one day when I decieded I wanted to make a change in my life.
I went on to sell those first 50 birds and I never looked back.
Today our farm generates $200,000 in gross annual sales (most of which is profit), and provides a modest living for myself and my family.
Looking back it was hard, but I put the work in and paid the heavy price of the new entrepreneur.
I created this course to help you get to where you want to go…
To learn from my mistakes…
To leverage what I have learned…
So you can get to where you want to go faster, easier, and hopefully with less stress.
Finally a workshop designed to answer ALL of your farm startup questions:
- How do you transition into farming on a part time basis
- How do you select the appropriate enterprise for your context (your market, landbase, time availability)
- How do you create your own Holistic Context so you can align expectations and action steps accordingly
- Why most small businesses and farms fail
- What are the important conversations that you need to have with your spouse/partner before starting a entrepreneurial venture
- How do you financially plan for entrepreneurship and career transition
- Is farming part-time a better fit than farming full-time for you
- What would a basic chicken and pork enterprise look like
- How to budget for farm enterprise start-up
- How do you achieve a balanced lifestyle so you don’t burn out and stick with the journey
- What resources and skills do you currently have to work with
- What is your unfair advantage
- What mental issues might be holding you back
- Scared to start, why, and how to overcome that fear
- How to cash flow a startup farm
- How to manage your time accordingly to balance the business with the rest of life
- How to deal with the not so glamorous, but needed parts of the business – insurance, book keeping, entity formation
- Create a realistic financial and career plan to turn your farm dream into a financially viable reality
- Identify an approach that is manageable for you and your situation
- Why farming might NOT be the right business for you, despite what you may initially think
- How to build farm business that generates cash flow within the first few months
- How to start a farm business with LOW start-up costs
- How to MAXIMIZE your efforts by focusing methodologies that work in the real world
- How to create a financial plan for your business, to help take the stress out of starting a business
- How you can stack multiple enterprises onto the same land-base
- Why hard work isn’t enough: Learn where to focus your efforts to save yourself time and money while increasing your productivity and profits
- How to set yourself up for success: Learn proven success principles that allow you to adapt to most external circumstances and market conditions
- How successful people problem solve and adapt in an ever changing world and marketplace
- Learn how to stay the course: In the real world it’s only the people who show up every day that survive in the long run
We will be approaching this course holistically.
The focus isn’t just on how to raise broiler chickens or raise pastured pigs. The mechanics of livestock management are only a small portion of what makes an enterprise successful. There are many other pieces that need to be looked at to help achieve business success – time management, family management, financial management, aligning your expectations with the business, designing the business to meet your needs.
Failure to acknowledge and manage these other pieces will likely lead to issues down the line.
By focusing on the whole (you, your life situation, where you want to go, and what you need) you can strategically approach the business process in a way that matches your context which will help you avoid making emotional or impulsive decisions; decisions that could cost you a lot of time, money and energy.
Given that, each participant will finish the course having a clear and concise vision of what they want to do and get out of life, a starting plan for how to achieve that, and a mindset to help you stay on course.
Who is the Farm Business Essentials online course for?
- If you are a committed beginner starting from scratch, and are ready to start a full time or part time farm enterprise and not waste years and money trying to figure it out on your own
- If you currently run a farming enterprise, but it isn’t going so well and you are looking to improve things, this is going to be for you
- If you currently run a conventional farming enterprise, but are looking to change that enterprise over into something that’s more sustainable, and make money doing it, then going grass based might be your answer
- If you are thinking about starting a farming enterprise, but aren’t sure what that business or lifestyle would look like, this is going to be for you
- If you want to transition into a farming career, but are struggling to make the transition from your current job into farming, this course can help you put a plan in place
- If you are a homesteader who wants to make some money off your homestead, then this workshop is a fit for you
- If you have a job that you currently love, or hate, and want to start making some money on the side, this is going to be for you
IT IS POSSIBLE...
Farming is hard, but it’s not impossible, and there a lot of people besides myself doing it profitably and enjoying life in the process.
What I have learned in the last 12 years is that there are ways that you can increase your chances of success and make entrepreneurship more manageable.
Given that, the goal of the course is to set you up with a mindset and the tools to maximize the effort that you are a putting into the business, and maximize the dollars that you are investing into the business, so you aren’t wasting time or money.
You will exit the course being able to create your own personal plan, that aligns with your context (what do you have to work with, where are you at, where do you want to go, and how fast) so you can get out there and take your idea and business to the next level.
If you're ready to take that first step in making your farm a reality, register today.
Get started now!
The Farm Business Essentials Online Course is your first step in the journey of starting the farm business that you’ve always wanted.
WHO CREATED THE COURSE?
This course was created by farmer Darby Simpson after farming 12 seasons in Central Indiana.
Darby’s farming journey began in 2007 with just $600 and 50 broiler chickens on pasture.
Today the farm is producing nearly $200,000 in gross annual sales and provides a modest living for Darby, his wife and two children.
Darby successfully transitioned himself from the corporate world as a mechanical engineer into farming and this course is designed to help you do the same.
Partnering with Darby to co-teach the course is entrepreneur Diego Footer. Diego has started numerous businesses that led to his leaving the world of finance so that he too could enjoy the fulfillment of being his own boss, which has allowed him to do what matters most in his life: spend more time with his family.
Both Darby and Diego bring a vast amount of experiences and knowledge together to help you realize your dream of farming full-time and running a successful business at the same time.
With over 16 years of combined entrepreneurial experiences from within the regenerative agricultural space, they help you to achieve your goal: Farming for profit and healing the land while putting nutritious, healthy, socially responsible food onto the tables of your community.
Disclaimer: Every effort has been made to accurately represent this product and it’s potential. Even though profitable farming is possible, there is no guarantee that you will earn any money using the techniques and ideas in these materials. Earning potential is entirely depending on the person using our product, idea, and techniques. Your level of success in attaining results depends on the time you devote to the program, ideas, and techniques mentioned, your finances, your knowledge and skills, and your market. Since these factors different according to individuals, we cannot guarantee your success or income level. No are we responsible for any of your actions. Materials in our product and our website may contain information that includes or is based upon forward-looking statements within the meaning of the securities litigation reform act of 1995. Forward-looking statements give our expectations or forecasts of future events. You can identify these statements by the fact that they do not relate strictly to historical or current facts. They use words such as “anticipate,” “estimate,” “expect,” “project,” “intend,” “plan,” “believe,” and other words and terms of similar meaning in connection with a description of potential earnings or financial performance. Any and all forward looking statements here or on any of our sales material are intended to express our opinion of earnings potential.many factors will be important in determining your actual results and no guarantees are made that you will achieve results similar to ours or anybody else’s, in fact no guarantees are made that you will achieve any results from our ideas and techniques in our material.